Saudi Government Banned flights from Ethiopia, Dubai, Afghanistan and Vietnam effective 04 July 2021 after 23:00 local time. Restricting Saudi citizens from traveling to Ethiopia/Dubai/Afghanistan and Vietnam effective 04 July 2021 after 23:00 local time.
Ethiopian Airlines via a circular informed the Travel Fraternity about the latest rules and restrictions to enter Ethiopia and Sudan.
Ethiopia Restriction Detail.
Date: 01 July 2021
Update on the Temporary Ban Directive from the Ethiopian Immigration (INVEA) On Visa on arrival and E-Visa options In line with the subject under discussion please be informed of the new update as below for your information and compliance:
- Ethiopian origins of foreign passport holders with or without the Ethiopian ID (usually mentioned as YELLOW CARD) shall be accepted to enter Ethiopia per the previous arrangement before the introduction of the temporary ban in place.
- Foreign nationals who secured online visa before the introduction of the temporary ban shall be accepted as long as there’s no Ethiopian Embassy or consulate within the country of their residence.
- Stopover passengers shall be accepted per the previous arrangement.
- All nationals who have a resident permit to Ethiopia shall be accepted whether their permit is expired or not.
SUDAN Restriction Detail
Date: 01 July 2021
- All passengers coming back from India aren’t permitted to enter Sudan territories
- All passengers destining to Sudan are not allowed to enter Sudan territories if they transited India within the last 14 days before their arrival to Sudan
- All passengers coming back from Egypt and Ethiopia are requested possess a negative RT-PCR test certificate upon arrival issued within the last 72 hours and that they are going to be subject to COVID-19 testing upon arrival
- Sudanese Nationals coming back from India are permitted to enter Sudan territories on conditions that they possess a negative RT-PCR test certificate upon arrival issued within the last 72 hours and they will be subject to COVID-19 testing and 14-day quarantine upon arrival and adhere to whatever protocols decided by Ministry of Health.
Effective date: From 30 June 2021 2043 until 14 July 2021 2359.